Monday, September 14, 2009

Quite a Revelation

I'm all for exercise. And truth be told, I don't mind a McDonald's hamburger once in a while. I don't even mind if the kids eat there, either. So when they built a McDonald's within biking distance of our house, I have been known to combine a bike ride with a trip to McD's. Or vice versa. Either way, we bike and eat.

This new McDonald's doesn't have a play area but it does have a couple of coveted tables with computer games. Usually only one is working so if you happen to be there when the table with the working game station is open, it's just a bonus. Such was our luck recently. 

For the record, there were four of us. Three of us were related and one might as well be. I had three expectant faces looking at me the moment we walked in and THE table was empty. "Sit down. I'll get the food." Bike helmets hit the table and they were playing.

I came back with the food to the normal bickering of who touched the screen before whom while another wasn't ready to play yet and the horrible decisions about who gets to play in what order. With the sage advice of "work it out, girls" given, my blackberry promptly became my refuge.

And then, from my table in a voice not quite from the mountaintops but giving it a run for its money, came 

"I FOUND JESUS!"

Imagine. In McDonald's. In a word search.

No comments:

Post a Comment